For over 30 years, The Prentice School has been a model of excellence for educating students who learn differently. The Prentice School serves bright students with language-based learning differences and related learning challenges including dyslexia (language-based processing disorder), dyscalculia (math-based processing disorder), dysgraphia (written language-based processing disorder) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and anxiety
To provide innovative education and a nurturing environment for students with learning differences to succeed in life.
To become a model of excellence for educating students with learning differences.
At The Prentice School, we believe that all students with learning differences deserve a quality, research-based education. In particular, we lead by valuing:
– Innovation. A quality multi-sensory education that evolves according to how each student learns best, including the use of state-of-the-art technology and learning tools.
– Personalization. A customized educational experience that builds and sustains each student’s social, emotional and academic well-being in a caring and nurturing environment.
– A Whole-Child Approach. Helping students develop and sustain a healthy self-esteem as they reach their full potential and become productive, independent adults.
– Self-Advocacy. Developing self-motivated learners who confidently advocate for their own growth and that of others through collaboration and communication.
– Community. An affirming community of educators, professionals, parents and contributors that supports students on their respective journeys.
Our faculty, staff and Board of Directors are committed to our mission and to developing students who are:
TECHNOLOGICALLY PROFICIENT AND RESPONSIBLE
CREATORS AND INNOVATORS